[Coco] Virtual CoCoFest

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Mon Apr 20 06:51:40 EDT 2020

I enjoyed this as well! Didn't try to participate live, watched it on the Facebook link. I don't program anything anymore, so kind of skipped over a lot. I've always viewed my computer as a tool more than a game machine... hardly play any games anymore, other than some version of solitaire to kill some time, and an occasional Mahjong (which the CoCo got me hooked on!). More interested in where the hardware side is going and emulators, though I don't really use either of those anymore. Just like to keep up with the CoCo world because it was a big part of my own world at one time. I do miss seeing everyone though. I don't get all the inside jokes, but there are some special memories from the 7-8 Chicago fests I attended when I was selling a few programs (2-3 of which I wrote) and publishing "the world of 68' micros".  One trip to "Planet Hollywood" that turned into a long ordeal getting back to the fest stands out in particular...