[Coco] Curious more than anything - how many ham radio operators are out there?

Robert Swoger rswoger at aol.com
Sun Apr 19 18:07:53 EDT 2020

55 HAMS @ GLENSIDE
BOB K9WVY
In a message dated 4/18/2020 3:54:27 PM Central Standard Time, tonym at compusource.net writes:

KF4HKQ here.Haven't even owned a radio in half a decade or so.Last one was a Yaesu VX-8DR with the GPS module, built-in APRS in the radio.
Tony

---- Original Message ----From: "John Guin" <johnguin at hotmail.com>Sent: 4/16/2020 3:38:59 PMTo: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>Subject: [Coco] Curious more than anything - how many ham radio operators are out there?
N5IBU here wondering how many hams are out there.
And if any are still active.  I barely have time for it myself.  Maybe a little repeater usage and every once in a great while, some PSK contacts on 20 meters.
The best time I had though, was with packet radio.  I had a 2 meter handheld hooked to my TNC modem (which I think I still have) using Mikeyterm on a Color Computer.  As it turned out, that was where I found a fellow offering his Color Computer 3 and a complete run of Rainbow magazines for free if anyone would come by to pick them up.  I did 😊  But that is going on 25+ years ago.
So, CQ anyone?
John
-- Coco mailing listCoco at maltedmedia.comhttps://pairlist5.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/coco