[Coco] SDC Troubles

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Apr 19 13:50:07 EDT 2020

Alex,

Don't assume that the CoCoSDC is bad until you check the current SD card contents and the settings
on your SDC board. On my board, switches 1-4 are all OFF and the jumper on DRQ AUTO is not
connecting either.

1) Read the contents of the SD card on a PC and check the contents of Startup.cfg.
2) Make sure that the disk "  0=whatever  " actually exists.
3) 0=SDCEXP.DSK is typical and probably contains AUTOEXEC.BAS and it is intact.
4) AUTOEXEC.BAS typically contains:
   2 RUN at 6
   10 RUN"SDCX"
5) SDCX sets the screen Width and does a LOADM and EXEC of SDCX.BIN

Now if you hold down the shift key when turning on your CoCoSDC, then the above doesn't happen.
Perhaps that is what you are doing before entering  DIR "/

Give us more details about what you see when you turn on the CoCoSDC holding down a shift key and
what you see when reading the SD card on your PC.

Robert