[Coco] Better emulation joystick?

Charles at renedecotret.net Charles at renedecotret.net
Sun Apr 19 11:46:46 EDT 2020

   Hi everyone,
   I was playing around with VCC and while it's neat, I'm finding that
   using an Xbox controller for some games (Doubleback, clowns and
   ballons) is less than ideal.
   I was looking into building my own joystick. There is an analog stick
   listed on a few electronic sites called a "Jh-d202" which seems ideal.
   It is available with 5.5 and 10k potentiometers. The self centering
   springs are easily removed to be more "coco like". I could
   potentionally use an arduino micro to set this up as a Pc controller.
   This could possibly be made into an actual coco controller as well if
   the arduino is not used and everything wired into a din connector.
   Has anyone ever attempted something like this? I can order the parts
   and try to get this working but I don't have a 3d printer to build a
   nice case. Would anyone be interested in helping out?
   Another controller option would be to dissamble an old 360 controller
   and remove the springs on the analog portion.
   Thanks