[Coco] Virtual CoCoFEST! On CoCoTALK! Saturday April 18th @ 2:00 PM EDT

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 19:49:18 EDT 2020

 I was surprised when a few decades ago I saw the proliferation of Chinese goods. I asked myself how it was that the US was willing to do business with China while all Cuban goods were forbidden. After all, both countries are communist. I guess money is the answer.

Personally, I prefer to buy American instead of Chinese, but I am just as guilty as anyone else because I am trying to save to be able to retire and continue on living, so every penny we save is a penny earned. While any given electronic component can cost X when bought from China, it will cost 3X when purchased from an American source. And our dear government has decided to impose a tax on all good bought online, so that even add more. Even when I purchase from Amazon, chances are high that the product comes from China.

As far as China deaths, some say that the number could be as high as 40K.

Anyways, enough OT! Back to our scheduled programming!

I am looking forward to tomorrow's Virtual CoCoFEST! Since I don't have anything to show (unless someone wants to see my EPROM Reader ;-)) I'll be connecting via YouTube. I have some CoCo related projects that I would like to work on, but Other Activities have kept me away.

I think that this event can become a tradition that can be celebrated annually and would be a nice complement to CoCoFEST! and Tandy Assembly. I think that it is a great opportunity for those that can't make it to the 'fest in person, but have much to show and share. Hope to see some of you tomorrow! Salvador