[Coco] Virtual CoCoFEST! On CoCoTALK! Saturday April 18th @ 2:00 PM EDT

Steve Strowbridge ogsteviestrow at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 15:13:49 EDT 2020

Getting back to the intent and spirit of the original post.  Today is April
16th, we're doing this April 18th, if you're interested in presenting
something, you have less than 2 days to get with me.

CoCoFEST! is postponed, and could possibly not even happen this year.  Many
of us were hoping to attend.  Some were hoping to exhibit, others hoping to
offer goods for sale, most were hoping for a social gathering.
Option 1 would be - do nothing, let the opportunity go to waste.

Option 2, that I'm offering, is the ability for those who would have
attended, exhibited, presented, vended to now have a global venue to still
do so.  Those would would not have been able to attend the real CoCoFEST!
due to financial/geographical constraints now can.  Rather than have an
opportunity lost, we're extending it to the entire world, free of charge,
from the comfort and safety of your home.

If you were not one of the people who were planning on exhibiting or
speaking at CoCoFEST! and by extension, joining our panel, then your
security perspectives on software platforms are irrelevant.  If you would
like to present and take part in the live event on the panel, ZOOM is the
tool we use, whether or not you want to use that tool is up to you, your
opinions on why are of no concern to me personally, but not using the tool
excludes you from presenting.

ANYONE who wants to watch the event live doesn't need to even know what
ZOOM is, all you need to do is watch it on YouTube and/or Facebook, and
again, opinions on what evil corporations and security flaws exist on those
platforms are of zero interest to me.  Either you attend/watch or you don't.

If you'd like to watch the event, which is in the spirit of celebrating the
40th anniversary of the Color Computer, it's community, and keeping
CoCoFEST! alive for the 29th consecutive year, then please join us.
If you'd like to be a presenter or speaker, get with me and get with me
soon, and be prepared to use ZOOM.

In our current situation, the more positive, uplifting things we can do,
even as a virtual community are vital to our morale and sanity.  I chose to
focus on, and try and do positive things, those who are of the same mind
will enjoy themselves this weekend.

Steve “Stevie Strow” Strowbridge

Retro nerd, vintage computing enthusiasts, self proclaimed CoCo “Nut”

ogStevieStrow at gmail.com primary email address

http://ogsteviestrow.com web site

http://cocotalk.live CoCoTALK! the world's leading live CoCo talk show

http://imacoconut.com for all things CoCo related