[Coco] Mess 3 roms are not working

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Apr 15 15:45:08 EDT 2020

It is better to create a separate ROM sub-directory for each Coco you want to run. So, for a 6809
Coco3 there should be  /ROM/COCO3  .

If you have a program you can use to read the ROMs in Hex format, make sure there are no LOADM extra
bytes in the .rom images.

Report exactly how you are starting mame and all errors mame gives you. With a correct directory
structure you would use
mame coco3
to start the 6809 Coco3 version.

Now if you are using a Windows PC, you will probably find that is much easier to use MAMEUI or
MESSUI than MAME. You will have a convenient package for configuring each Coco version you want to
use and the disk images associated with each Coco version.
http://messui.1emulation.com/

Robert