[Coco] Need the link for roms that works for meme

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 11:52:24 EDT 2020

Sadly no one can link you the roms on this list as that would be a
violation of the rules.  Though the archive has the MESS ROM's which you
download those zip files and stick them in MAME's rom folder.

You can get the current MAME from:
https://www.mamedev.org/release.html

If you are a 32bit Windows user you will have to use a older version or
build from sources yourself

Once you extract MAME from the command prompt you MUST run the following
command from the command prompt within that directory where
MAME64.EXE/MAME.EXE is located.
.\mame64.exe -createconfig

After that there is a folder called roms in that MAME folder.  That is
where you stick the zip files.

If you want to start a specific CoCo system from the command line here are
a few examples:

.\mame64.exe coco3h
.\mame64.exe coco2b
.\mame64.exe coco2
.\mame64.exe cocoe
.\mame64.exe coco3p

Hopefully that helps.  Otherwise  MAME is not the easiest to work with for
new users and sadly it is best to start off with VCC or OVCC till you are
comfortable with the command line stuff with MAME.

I myself don't even know all the stuff related to MAME.

Also as a side note for those who want to record videos from MAME there is
a feature called: -aviwrite
This feature will allow you to create a avi file in the snap folder of all
the stuff you do in MAME.

example of this:
.\mame64.exe coco2b -aviwrite coco2b.avi

Now since the CoCo3 emulation has two monitors in MAME(don't ask me why)
you have to specify the snap view to record the RGB side of things:
.\mame64.exe coco3h -snapsize 640x480 -snapview RGB -aviwrite coco3h.avi

Sincerely,
David Ladd
***END OF LINE***
| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites are:                                                         |
|   http://daves-hobbies.com                                            |
|   http://dwladd.com                                                   |
|   http://www.theterrorzone.com                                        |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |