[Coco] Dialup

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sat Apr 11 22:41:26 EDT 2020

> On Apr 11, 2020, at 5:14 PM, phil pt <ptaylor2446 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is any here still using dialup because I am thinking about settings up
> ribbs bbs on my real coco since it looks up there lack of interest with
> adding the old Rs232 pack support to vcc?

You could certainly set it up on a real CoCo, then for about $15 you could hook your RS232 to the ESP8266 module and it acts like a Hayes Smatmodem (AT commands) but it goes over WiFi. It has a mode where you set it to auto-answer (just like Hayes) and it will accept an incoming TELNET connection. The CoCo would see it just like a modem, carrier detect, hang up, etc.

		— Allen