[Coco] need help with SCSI drives on CoCo3

David Gettle david17361 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 17:45:00 EDT 2020

Here's the situation in a nutshell: I keep getting a drive not ready error
from both my SCSI IBM hard drive SCSI drive 0, and my  Zip100 Drive 6
(terminated).
My CoCo3 is configured as follows: J/M floppy controller with RSDos and
HDBDos installed with a selector switch, 1 5.25"floppy as drive 0 and a 3.5
inch drive as drive 1, the cloud9 SuperIDE with a 128mb CF card as master
and a IDE iomega Zip drive as slave, and a TC^3 SCSI controller with RTC
connected to an IBM SCSI drive as drive 0 and an IOMega zip 100 as drive 6
with the termination switch on. the problem I'm having is that I cannot
access the SCSI drives I am running Nitros9 Ver 03.03.00 booting from
floppy drive 0 with the CF card as /dd and /i0, the ide zip drive as /i1,
the IBM drive as /s0 and the SCSI Zip100 as /s6 I also have drivewire
installed, and a win7 machine running drivewrie3 (I have drivewire4 but
have not installed it yet. I have tried to make configuration disks with
all of the included scripts with NitrOS-9 and the only ones that will work
are mb.floppy and mb.ide, the mb.SCSI and mb.SCSIformat scripts do not make
a bootable disk on my system.
Any help would be greatly apreciated I'm trying to recover files off the
IBM SCSI drive.