[Coco] How many still breadboard?

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Tue Apr 7 23:27:41 EDT 2020

On 4/7/2020 10:22 PM, Dave Philipsen wrote:
> I was never a big fan of breadboarding. For me, wirewrapping is more reliable and even easier. Lately, with the advent of cheap prototyping houses, a lot of times I put the design directly to pcb.

Seconded.  After chasing down phantom bugs in breadboarded designs, and
also chasing down soldered perfboard issues because I missed a wire, if
the circuit has any complexity anymore, I just design a board and spin
it.  I've enough projects it's easy to run a batch, go onto another
project while they manufacture and ship, and get back to it when it
arrives.  I still use solderless breadboard for simple analog stuff
(audio pre- amp on the bench now) or simple MCU stuff (a few IOs on an
AVR, for example), but nothing more.  I have just wasted too much time.

Jim