[Coco] + 5v on a coco1

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Thu Apr 2 14:32:21 EDT 2020

On 4/2/2020 1:06 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Thursday 02 April 2020 13:00:01 rietveld rietveld wrote:
>
>> Just looking for the best spot to pull a +5v on my coco1 , using an
>> alligator clip.   I use R19 on my coco3. Is there an equivalent on the
>> coco1?
> alligator clips have the awful habit of falling off and shorting things.
> And that breaks the mirrors and lets all the smoke out.  Use something
> sturdier, like solder.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

I'm not sure going all the way to solder is needed.  But, alligator
clips are HUGE!  I'd recommend getting a "lead grabber" or "micro-clip"
to use.  They are smaller, harder to accidentally dislodge, and designed
for this use case.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=logic+analyzer+test+clip&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Pcs-Mini-Micro-Probes-5-Colors-Probe-Grabber-Hook-IC-SMD-Test-Clip/253026370521?hash=item3ae98c03d9:g:0~4AAOSw-29ZWrSP

You can pull 5V from any of the 74LS ICs, the top left pin is 5V.  I'd
grab it there.  You can also grab it from the cart port connector, but
check the pinouts for which "wire" to connect to.  Cart port is easy to
find and grab onto.

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com