[Coco] Reimplementing BASIC09 / Microware BASIC

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 13:39:16 EDT 2020

Being that I am not a low level programmer, I can't really say what would
be involved in that. However, I have had the idea for some time that it
should be possible to separate the different components of Basic09 into
separate utilities. In other words, a separate editor/syntax checker,
packer (compiler) and debugger. I have been thinking about a new
programming environment where the editor is in one window, the packer
called from a menu item, the debugger running in a different window that
communicates with the run-time so debugging can be done while the procedure
is running in RunB, and also communicating back to the editor to flag
errors and hi-lite the code where the problem exists. I know it's a lot,
and I know OS-9/NitrOS-9 don't have threading, but I think with the use of
data modules or get/put buffers it should be possible to create interaction
between processes. I'd like to know what some of the assembly programmers
think about this.

Wayne

The Structure of I-Code
http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/The_Structure_of_I-Code