[Coco] Forground / Background

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Mon Sep 2 14:46:06 EDT 2019

As I mentioned, 2 color modes use palette #’s 0 to1, all 4 color modes use palette #’s 0 to 3, and the 16 color modes use palette #’s 0 to 15 (If I remember correctly, you can specify palette numbers 0 to 15 in every mode, but they just wrap over if you are in a mode with less colors (ie in a 4 color mode, palette 0-3, 4-7, 8-11, 12-15 are all the same thing).
As for getting your current foreground, background (and border) colors, use the SS.FBRgs GetStat system call (call #$96).

L. Curtis Boyle
curtisboyle at sasktel.net

TRS-80 Color Computer Games website
http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/coco_game_list.html