[Coco] Request for assistance with 6309 instruction

Walter Zambotti zambotti at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 22 23:58:00 EDT 2019

Hi guys (and any girls)

Can anyone who has a real 6309 in their CoCo please run the following
OS9 app and provide me the result. (Please)

I am testing the muld instruction and I would like to verify that (O)VCC
emulator
is returning the correct result.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ens7ussNysdANwx6dZgxqAKZBwSeaJhR/view?usp=s
haring

The file is an os9 720k floppy (os9.dsk)

It contains two files (apart from others) of interest:

Shftst - os9 executable

Shftst.c - source code

The shftst app needs to run with arguments:

$ shftst 1 15

Which should shift the value 1 left 15 bits and provide two matching answers
32768.

On my emulator it provides 32768 & -32768 (which I know is wrong but I'm not
sure if the error is
my C logic in the os9 code or the muld instruction in the emulator.)

Please let me know the output!!!

Walter