[Coco] Quick cross over video showing the x10 plug n power as it was originally intended

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Tue Oct 22 17:03:42 EDT 2019

On 10/22/19 3:10 PM, Bruce W. Calkins wrote:
> That explains some of the confusion and lack of documentation for the Radio Shack
> Plug-n-Play line.
>
> I controlled several household lights with mine until I moved in 2004. I have not been
> able to train this wife to work with the P-n-P / X10 system, in spite of acquiring more
> modules and various controllers since.  The modules still show up now and then in my local
> thrift store.

I recall the CP290 being a rather simplistic one-way device. A lot like
the Heathkit X10 interface (I had both).

I've given up X10 a long time ago though I still have a number of them
I'm now using WiFi (ESP8266/Sonoff/Tasmota), ZigBee and Z-Wave devices
with great success (more than 99.999% of the time).

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com