[Coco] CMOC compilation problems

Alex Evans varmfskii at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 02:34:05 EDT 2019

with verbose:
[alex at ignoramous stdlib]$ ../cmoc --verbose -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -nostdinc
-I . -o atol.ecb_o atol.c
Target platform: CoCo Disk Basic
Preprocessing: atol.c
Preprocessor command: cpp -xc++ -U__cplusplus -I'.'
-D_CMOC_VERSION_=1060 -D_COCO_BASIC_=1 -U__GNUC__ -nostdinc -undef
-D'NDEBUG' atol.c
Compiling...
: illegal option -- x
: illegal option -- c
: illegal option -- n
: illegal option -- o
: illegal option -- s
: illegal option -- t
: illegal option -- d
: illegal option -- i
: illegal option -- n
: illegal option -- c
: illegal option -- u
: illegal option -- n
: illegal option -- d
: illegal option -- e
: illegal option -- f
:1: error: syntax error: #
Code address: $2800 (10240)
Data address: after the code
1 error(s), 0 warning(s).
oddly it appears the preprocessor is not generating the errors