[Coco] Can a Basic09 program tell which screen or terminal it is running in ?

coco at jechar.ca coco at jechar.ca
Thu Oct 17 19:55:43 EDT 2019

  I was thinking of how a Basic09 program using
  temporary files in a multiprocess environment
  could be sure not to overwrite another process
  files.

  For example if Program A was puting data in
  /r0/out.temp and Program B was trying to do
  the same thing problems.

  One possible solution
  Suppose Process A is running in /term and process
  B is running in /w3 then if the process could
  determine which window it was running in it could
  add that info to the temporary file name,
  ie.

  Process A saves to /r0/out-term.temp and
  Process B saves to /r0/out-w3.temp

  No problem.

  So I was wondering how could Process A figure out
  that it was running in /term ect. ?

  Charlie