[Coco] looking for latest toolshed location

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Fri Nov 29 21:02:25 EST 2019

> On Nov 29, 2019, at 5:00 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:
>
> What I am upset about is not drivewire, but sourceforge's hiding of the
> src for nitros9.  And I'm not talking about that dated tarball
> sourceforge shows you, but won't let you have but the tarball those
> dsk's were made from.

How is the source hidden? If I'm not mistaken, the latest NitrOS-9 source can be browsed at:

  https://sourceforge.net/p/nitros9/code/ci/default/tree/

And to get a local copy of the latest source and its full history of changes back to April 4, 2002, install mercurial and type:

  hg clone http://hg.code.sf.net/p/nitros9/code nitros9-code

Once you have your local source tree clone, you can run "hg pull" and "hg update" as needed to get new changes. The clone command above is shown at the web page I linked to above, but that may not be obvious if you don't know what to look for ahead of time. The most recent NitrOS-9 commit I see there is dated 2019-11-16.

> On Nov 29, 2019, at 2:45 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:
>
> Typical M$ behavior, and I read someplace that M$ has bought
> sourceforge.

I believe you're thinking of github. Microsoft bought github a while back. I'm one of the raving anti-MS folks who moved his repositories from github to gitlab in response, but I probably over-reacted. As far as I can tell, MS hasn't gotten around to breaking github yet. I tend to distrust SourceForge because of things they've done in the past, and I'd be pleased if NitrOS-9 and its friends moved to github or gitlab,

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/