[Coco] OVCC .dsk s

Walter Zambotti zambotti at iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 12 21:22:48 EST 2019

Charles

If you look in the Vcc.ini there it attempting to load a rom into a MPI slot
:

SLOT2=hdblba.rom

Slots are for devices or PAKs.

Remove that from slot2 and instead add the harddisk device library like so:

SLOT2=libharddisk.so

You can do this from within OVCC via the menus:

Cartridge->MPI Slot 2->Insert

When the file browser appears navigate to and find libharddisk.so.

Once inserted if you look at the slot entry (via the menu again) it should
say this:

Eject: Hard Disk + Cloud9 RTC

 (Of course don't select the eject)

You should also see a "Hard Disk" entry add to the Cartridge menu.

Now you need an image you can find one in many places including here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wBNEw1PkimnEabobyrvMx8CcXlN05YFW?usp
=sharing

To keep it simple use the one named : VCCemudisk.vhd

Once you have that copied to your system you need to tell the Hard drive
device where to find it.

>From the menus:

Cartridge->Hard Disk->Insert

Navigate to and select the VCCemudisk.vhd previously downloaded.

Ensure that the MPI slot that has the Hard Drive device is selected as the
default slot.

Cartridge->MPI Config

In the MPI Config Window in the lower right you will see a slide selector.
Make sure the number matches the
hard drive device.

Then F9 (hard reset) and you should boot to a big blue menu screen.

Select the option for OS-9 and Nitros9 should boot up.

Walter