[Coco] Vintage electronics for sale

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Nov 12 01:31:06 EST 2019

On Monday 11 November 2019 23:21:33 Spencer via Coco wrote:

>  What an amazing account of human spirit.  God's speed to your healing
> Dave!
>
>     On Monday, November 11, 2019, 10:47:09 PM EST, rcrislip
> <rcrislip at neo.rr.com> wrote:
>
>  On Mon, 11 Nov 2019 19:04:22 -0500
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:
> > On Monday 11 November 2019 17:55:39 Dave Philipsen wrote:
> > > Wow. I just got through reading the details of what happened to
> > > him. That is quite a story!
> > >
> > > Dave

[...]
> > The next trip to the cath-lab in mid December will install the
> > valve, and bring my tickers pumping efficiency up quite a ways from
> > its current 30% or so.  Then I can quit worrying about it till the
> > battery tires.  I wish Dave the best, and since my chances of seeing
> > him are poor because of the kilometers, tell him I said to live long
> > and prosper.  He and his collection is famous even here in WV
> >

> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> Damn Gene! You remind me of a Timex, you get a likcen and keep on
> ticken. 8) THe same can said for Dunfield.

Well, I've still got things to do, like take care of the missus till shes
not breathing some morning, COPD. Then I am still working on a mister
design for a 6040 mill that will only use 1 8oz coke bottle of coolant
fluid to cool a 1/8" milling bit spinning 24k rpms while milling a panel
full of connector holes in the 3/4" diameter range.  And do it w/o
burning up my shops cheap air-compressor.  The instant you let the alu
start to heat, it will weld its flutes full of alu and stop cutting,
which equals a broken $20 tool because the machine isn't stoping. The
secret is an atomizer that by the time the mist hits the tool, is
running -25C from evaporative cooling.  Designing that atomizer can be a
challenge. As fluid control, I using a peristaltic pump like is used to
control IV flow in hospitals, but they're driven by steppers which you
can turn at any practical speed for that use while the ones I bought 4
of at <$8 each are 12 volt pmdc motors, so I am still working out a
pulsed drive scheme that runs it slow enough.  Some more hal code to
write, and gui controls to expand on yet but it should work fine when
I'm done. This sort of stuff keeps me out of the bars.  But you knew
that already. ;-)

Thanks Richard & take care now.