[Coco] Using a coco modem with VOIP

Kevin Becker kevin at kevinbecker.org
Mon Nov 11 20:36:31 EST 2019

I've tried a magic jack with the built in modem of my Tandy 1400LT and
with a Modem 1B and and MC-10.  It worked a little bit but there was a
lot of data loss and it was hard to keep it going long enough to do
anything useful.
At work, when we migrated to a new phone provider last spring, I was
not aware that we had a POTS line from our old provider for our alarm
system.  So after the service was stopped we were in a scramble to get
something working in the short term before our security company could
upgrade us to an internet solution with a cellular backup.  I tried an
Ooma because it specifically had a "fax mode" but again, it worked a
bit but was unreliable.