[Coco] Vintage electronics for sale

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Mon Nov 11 19:04:22 EST 2019

On Monday 11 November 2019 17:55:39 Dave Philipsen wrote:

> Wow. I just got through reading the details of what happened to him.
> That is quite a story!
>
> Dave
>
> > On Nov 11, 2019, at 3:47 PM, Salvador Garcia via Coco
> > <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
> >
> > I just came across this announcement, thought I'd post here in case
> > anyone is interested. Dave Dunfield is selling his 30 year
> > collection. Info here:
> >
> > http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/sale/index.htm
> >
> > Salvador

Wow, that is quite a story!  Makes me feel good given the condition I am
in since a heart attack the last week of September. I had had a
pacemaker put in the first week of January & figured I was good till the
battery ran down, which would make me 95 then.  But in late Sept they
had to install a bunch of stents and even had a computer controlled
aortic booster valve in for 3 or 4 days. Then they decided to install a
replacement but had to first install some bigger stents here and there
to get room to do the valve replacement thru the groin. ATM I am bruised
and beaten from the middle to about the left hip bone.  So I'm stiff and
sore but slowly healing, and Dave sounds like he's had a much rougher
time than I.

There is something that makes a survivor and we both apparently have it
as I am one of the less than 2% that has survived a pulmonary embolism
when I was 79. That I can testify to, is NOT a good way to die.

The next trip to the cath-lab in mid December will install the valve, and
bring my tickers pumping efficiency up quite a ways from its current 30%
or so.  Then I can quit worrying about it till the battery tires.  I
wish Dave the best, and since my chances of seeing him are poor because
of the kilometers, tell him I said to live long and prosper.  He and his
collection is famous even here in WV

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis