[Coco] CoCoDEV development board

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Mon Nov 11 15:00:00 EST 2019

I’m hoping to have a terminal program running that will use the wifi module to connect to a telnet BBS. Perhaps that will be the next video I could make.

My goal is to have various functions that can be assigned to the outputs so that you could, for instance, do pulse width modulation that could be used to dim LEDs or effectively make a 0-3.3v analog output, or even drive a servo motor.

So from BASIC you could issue a command like OUT 1,255 which would turn digital output #1 on or maybe OUT 1,127 which would set it to an intermediate level using PWM. And maybe digital inputs could be tested like IF IN1 = 1 THEN...

And it would be nice if I could integrate it with Amazon Alexa so that you say, ‘Alexa, turn on the light’ and an output on CoCoDEV would change state...something like that. Unfortunately, I know very little about that process.

Anyway, the idea is to have a development board that is roughly CoCo compatible, can be programmed in BASIC, can boot NitrOS9, and has features that allow access to the internet as well as whatever external hardware one could dream up with the available I/O pins.

Dave