[Coco] Nitros9 technical question....

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Mon Nov 11 13:54:38 EST 2019

There is some code for floppy access that will re-read sector 0 for every read/write, to check if the unique identifier bytes have changed, but it greatly slows down real floppy access, so I believe most of that code has been removed (or at least shut off). If you re-enabled that, and using the CocoSDC’s speed of reading sectors to your advantage (and no seek times), you may be able re-enable that and have it detect disk swaps.

L. Curtis Boyle
curtisboyle at sasktel.net

TRS-80 Color Computer Games website
http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/coco_game_list.html