[Coco] Modern display options for CoCo2?

Steve Strowbridge ogsteviestrow at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 17:47:56 EST 2019

I don't want to discount the fact that the CoCoVGA is probably the 2nd best
thing to hit the CoCo since the CoCoSDC, and I would suggest getting one,
if you're able, and it's compatible with your mother board, however, there
are other alternatives.

The standard RF out with a Coax-F to RCA adapter will let you go straight
to a TV tune to channel 3 or 4 and it's surprisingly good considering the
"technology".  Not having to use the RF switch box, and having no competing
analog TV signals in the air, offer the best looking CoCo possible on it's
original output.

There are also composite mods options, and I'm sure a few other people
could chime in.

The CoCoVGA project can be found at http://cocovga.com  Ed Snider has
several products and projects that may be of interest,
http://thezippsterzone.com and Mark Marlette of Cloud 9 has options as
well, so check out http://cloud9tech.com When it comes to the CoCo 3, the
RGB-to-SCART cable, and then the SCART-to-HDMI converter box are about the
best things going now.

Steve “Stevie Strow” Strowbridge

Retro nerd, vintage computing enthusiasts, self proclaimed CoCo “Nut”

ogStevieStrow at gmail.com primary email address

http://ogsteviestrow.com web site

http://cocotalk.live CoCoTALK! the world's leading live CoCo talk show

http://imacoconut.com for all things CoCo related