[Coco] The DOS command

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Thu Nov 7 19:57:04 EST 2019

On 11/7/2019 10:37 AM, William Astle wrote:
> The DOS command reads track 34 (all 18 sectors) to address $2600. Then
> it checks to see if the first two bytes are "OS". If so, it jumps to
> $2602. Otherwise, it returns to Basic.
>
> That means you can put any program you want on track 34 and as long as
> the first two bytes are "OS", DOS will launch it.
>
> It may be a good idea not to assume the load address but there are no
> variants of the DOS command that I'm aware of that use a different
> address.

is there a comparable story about self starting carts that do NOT tie
CART to Q on the cart port? I tried to explain that such a thing must be
happening for things like CoCoSDC and the FD controller, as they need
CART IRQ available, but they autostart...  I assume it must be a special
set of values in the ROM on the cart.

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com