[Coco] The DOS command

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Thu Nov 7 12:29:29 EST 2019

On 2019-11-07 10:21 a.m., Alex Evans wrote:
> One interesting factoid is that early versions of DECB don't have the
> DOS  command. Because of this, the OS-9 Level I distribution boot disk
> is a hybrid RSDOS/OS-9 disk that contains DOS.BIN on the RSDOS part of
> the disk.

Another interesting factoid is that DECB 1.0 has serious bugs that can
even lead to data loss. I had occasion to look at the differences
between 1.0 and 1.1 a while back and some of the bugs were really nasty.

Basically, if anyone out there is still using DECB 1.0, you really
should upgrade to DECB 1.1 (or one of the derivatives of it). There is
no benefit to staying with 1.0 and a lot of potential advantages to
moving to 1.1.