[Coco] NitrOS9 and 6309 code

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri May 31 22:59:52 EDT 2019

> On May 31, 2019, at 9:52 PM, L. Curtis Boyle <curtisboyle at sasktel.net> wrote:
>
> We would have to compare the leftover spots in OS9/6x09 to OSK/OS9000, etc. I don’t have the latter ones anymore, so you will have to let me know if there are any holes between 1 to 255. If not, we will just need to pick one irregardless of later OS9’s.

I looked at the current errmsg file They go all the way to 255, so I’ll have to scan through it and see what gaps exist.

If nothing else, we find an error code that is not usable on the 6809 version. Later OS-9 added more fields and such in the header, with errors associated with one of those, so it might be fine to hijack something there.

>> Why would anything look at this other than the kernel (load/chain)?
> Load, link (in case someone modified a module in memory), fork and chain I would think would be all that is needed. One could put a check in shellplus too, but it would be redundant.

Linking to an executable to use it as a subroutine module, yes? I can see that.

		— A