[Coco] NitrOS9 and 6309 code

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri May 31 22:38:23 EDT 2019

More info…

68K - one sync code for all.

x86 - one sync code for all.

PPC - one sync code for all.

ARM - several… I guess they split it across incompatible ARM cores?

So since 6809/6309 is closer to x86/PPC/68K, I guess that ends my thoughts on if that might be a way to do it.

Curtis, yeah, exception handling will crash a program when it hits the illegal instruction. Is that what you mean?

On the later OS-9s, they used a 16 bit value for the code (000:000) and specifically have reserved ranges.

I guess my suggestion is we just make sure our error code doesn’t trample on any existing one for the later OS-9s.

Why would anything look at this other than the kernel (load/chain)?

		— Allen