[Coco] CoCo Pi 3 not going into MAME

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Sun May 26 19:39:21 EDT 2019

Hi all,

I had the opportunity to get a Pi 3 B+ and a 32GB micro SD card, so I decided to try out the CoCo PI 3

I downloaded the image and extracted the file
I use the recommended app to transfer the image to the SD card
Inserted the SD card in the Pi 3 slot and booted
I expanded the image's disk space to 32GB as indicated in the instructions
Restarted the Pi 3
Connected the Pi 3 b+ to the Internet
Downloaded the ROM images as indicated in the instructions
Restarted the Pi 3
Used the main menu to launch the CoCo 3 emulation with MAME
Got the screen that describes the computer and has the <OK> at the bottom
Pressed Enter key
After about a second control goes back to the main menu

I can't get it to go into MAME. What am I missing?

I tried selecting the default emulator and selected MAME .209, but this did not make a difference.

Am I supposed to install something else?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks, Salvador