[Coco] Wanted: Hi Res Joystick Adapter

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 00:41:18 EDT 2019

On 5/22/19 4:58 PM, Mark wrote:
>     Thanks Mark O for the hi res joystick schematic,
>     I can follow most of it and think I can eventually replicate it, but I
>     cannot follow what is being shown on the bottom part of the schematic,
>     in particular:
>     <http://aaronwolfe.com/robert.gault/Coco/FAQs/HiJoystick/Joystick2.gif>
>     A) what are the 9 Dots at the bottom of the schematic for? Is that
>     supposed to be representing a switch? Why is it even there, Really
>     stumping me...

Looks like a Switch to me....   I'm sure Robert Gault can "shed some
light" on it...

>     B) Also what are the Blue "#1" and Blue "#2", off the Lm3900m supposed
>     to be connected too? The cassette or joystick port or nothing or both?
>     I still learning schematics, i get capacitors, resistors, etc, but the
>     above two things don't make sense to me.

The DataSheet for the LM3900N show the 1 & 2 are connected to the Output
for Channels 3 & 4  ( Determining Pin Out by locating the Gnd and Vcc )
Which are probably connected to the Cassette Port, but I haven't
confirmed it..

<https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm3900.pdf>

>     Thanks in advance
>     Mark