[Coco] Found strangeness in C compiler (bug)

Mathew Boytim maboytim at yahoo.com
Wed May 22 09:04:10 EDT 2019

 I think I mispoke - I think it was z88dk that I tried recently.  I did use sdcc for a project several years ago but the only library IO that it used was printf and for that you just need to provide some putchar-like function which was pretty easy.  However it was extremely buggy at the time and borderline unusable.  Thanks for the pointer to the example - that looks pretty cool.
Matt
    On Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 9:58:16 PM EDT, Mark McDougall <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au> wrote:

 On 22/05/2019 12:02 am, Mathew Boytim via Coco wrote:

> Sdcc might be a good choice - it supports the TRS-80 but I'm
> not sure for which machine and which DOS (didn't work for my test).

I don't think you'll get an executable for any TRS-80 DOS out of SDCC.
It'll produce a binary or hex output that you can then convert to CAS or
disk file as you prefer.

Here's a project that uses it that would probably be a good template,
though building for a cassette might have to be tweaked for suitable
<https://github.com/voidware/trek14>

Trying to recall the last time I used SDCC myself... I think it was for
an old Cypress USB device chip which from memory had an 8051 core. There
were a few caveats but nothing major IIRC.

Can't quite recall if I ever tried targeting a Z80 system with SDCC... I
want to say I did but can't recall any details so maybe it's just
wishful thinking?

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall