[Coco] Best way to copy a large number of OS9 files to/from hard drive or network drive.

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed May 15 17:39:22 EDT 2019

I 2nd Allen's vote on "arc". It was written by Fred Sawtell (I think) and "I think" came from the OS9 UG collection so it would have been on CIS as well as Delphi.
One warning with arc... it will fail on filenames starting with numbers (originally an OS9 no no), but will continue through the rest of the files.
And no, it's not in the NitrOS9 repo as it was written in C. I have sources to it but I think the source I have is not the same version as the file I have. I think the actual file is newer. One day I'll disassemble it and see what's different.
Arc's usage:

Usage: arc [-acdeflmuv] from_dir to_dir
     a = all files
     c = confirm file if not there
     d = confirm non-existant directory
     e = confirm existing directory
     f = prevent copy of files
    ln = only n levels of the tree (1..9)
     m = do multilple (all) directories
     v = verify the copy
     u = force uppercase for comparisons

I have used arc to copy completely full 128meg HDs with no failures and the only cmd used was "arc -amu /dd /h2"