[Coco] Shell+ 2.2a manual and wildcards

Walter Zambotti zambotti at iinet.net.au
Thu Mar 28 19:58:11 EDT 2019

It was the ':' I was missing!

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Coco [mailto:coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com] On Behalf Of L. Curtis Boyle
Sent: Thursday, 28 March 2019 9:25 PM
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Subject: Re: [Coco] Shell+ 2.2a manual and wildcards

If the command supports multiple filenames at once, then wildcards should work (not all do). By default, you have to put a colon as the first character of a line for wildcarding in Shellplus 2.2a. Also, a note: some commands have their own built in wildcard handling, and having Shell attempt to do its own wildcarding at the same time screws that up, which is why it was defaulted go off in 2.2a. (While Shell’s wildcarding is quite nice (one of the few to add ranged character searches - [a-f] range, for example - it is also limited by a maximum 2k buffer to pass as a parameter. So in large directories with a lot of matches, it will error out with “expanded line too long”. Other commands (like MSCOPY) do one wildcard matching file at a time, so they will work on any size directory.

Sent from my iPhone