[Coco] Bit-Banger Serial as external console?

Stephen Pereira stephen.m.pereira.sr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 19:27:11 EDT 2019

Hi again, Art,

I was making it more complicated than I needed to.  I did some experiments and found that BASIC definitely does not want a negative offset.  Then I finally tried:

LOADM”REMOTE”,55808

That wrapped around within the 16 bit address space to put the code at $1900.

However, I find that the Color Forth bypasses what I set up with calls to $A1B1 (Blink The Cursor While Waiting For A Keystroke) and this seems to bypass my remote input driver.  BAH!  I still get all the output from the CoCo to the remote terminal, but the remote terminal cannot type into the CoCo.  That’s the one thing that I need to get going.

Oh well, I wanted a project and it appears that I have one!

Thanks!

smp
- - -
Stephen Pereira