[Coco] need drivewire help

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Wed Mar 27 07:57:42 EDT 2019

Greetings all;

Several years ago, in 2012 or so, I setup a 100 megabyte file, and
mounted it as /x1 on my coco3 nos9 setup, and its held a bunch of stuff
I wanted to transfer from my coco3's hard drives to my web page.

But something felt wrong with the last drivewire update, so I reverted to
4.3.3o, which seemed to be ok and I've used it rather uneventfully
since.

But somebody last week asked about "find" so I searched /dd and found the
src file I built it find from all those years ago, s.Find by Stephan
Goldberg, which would have contained my fixes to make it work
universally and copied it to this 100MByte ext4 file called
genes_common.dsk using drivewire.

Trashed the file. I used ded /x1@ to delete it from the root directory by
zeroing out its entry, but the file structure is still trashed,
containing a recursive entry for a directory that should not exist.

dcheck can't check it, and a dir -e only gets to the 3rd entry in the
root directory, so the file is well and truly trashed as an os9
filesystem image.

Is there anyone here who might be able to help me salvage this, or should
I delete it and start from scratch at making a new "copy back and forth"
box that looks like /x1 to the coco3/nos9?

Drivewire seems to have disappeared from sourceforge too??????  Has it
been moved and I didn't get the memo? The latest I seem to have is
DriveWire4_4.3.4e, and that one doesn't appear to work. So I'm back on
4.3.3o ( I think, my installs consist of unpacking to a new directory,
and changing the dw4directory link to point at the newly unzipped
directory.  The About of the running instance says 4.3.30.

Thanks all.
.
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)