[Coco] Bit-Banger Serial as external console?

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Tue Mar 26 23:19:51 EDT 2019

Just checked my old Rainbows - I think it is REMOTE2	 from November 1985 Rainbow (which is the 1983 version with extra enhancements by Scott M. Taylor) that I used in the later versions of my BBS.
It added things like Break disable on/off, LF with CR on/off, Uppercase only/mixed case (for both send and receive, and settable separately), and scroll protection, which I definitely used, and remote INKEY$, amongst other things. I think that I do remember that to get 1200 baud, I had to set the terminal driver to 600 baud, and then use the Coco 3 double speed POKE.

L. Curtis Boyle
curtisboyle at sasktel.net