[Coco] Climax C Compiler setup

Stephen Fischer SFischer1 at Mindspring.com
Tue Mar 26 21:06:11 EDT 2019

Walter,

Thanks for saving me some time next month by updating:

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Disks/Programming/CoCo%20OS-9%20Climax%20C%20Compiler.zip

I am concerned that the fix to allow dangling not terminated last lines
may be dangerous. I have never seen any program that does what you
added. I am certain that none of my sources were like that.

However, be that as it may the zip you created may be defective.

I downloaded the new file, unzipped it using W10's built in unzip function.

I opened the Discussion folder, sorted the entries by date / time.

When I clicked on the first of the new 3/25/2019 entries Thunderbird
opened a post from Dean from 5/26/2011.

Right clicking and sending the file to WordPad opens the same incorrect
post.

Clicking on the last entry gives:

"On Thursday, May 26, 2011 06:14:56 PM Willard Goosey did opine:"

I am sure that Dean and Willard have not made ANY posts to the [CoCo] in
many years.

So, the zip is defective. I will be asking Guillaume.major to pull your
version and replace it with the one I gave him.

When I have time in April, if you have not sent me using my E-Mail
address a corrected zip, I will try and merge your work into my master
copy and after checking send it to Guillaume.major.

SHF

(If what I think happened, you will not be able to build a good zip.)