[Coco] Bit-Banger Serial as external console?

M. David Johnson mdj at bds-soft.com
Mon Mar 25 23:37:33 EDT 2019

Steve -

I don't have an answer on the Bit-Banger.

But I have run into a problem with Talbot's Color Forth: the word +LOOP does not seem to be present in the dictionary.

And, when I tried to create +LOOP in the fig-forth fashion, to wit:

	: +LOOP 3 ?PAIRS COMPILE (+LOOP) BACK ;

it compiled okay, but when I tried to use it, i.e. in:

	: T 6 0 DO 44 . 2 +LOOP ;

It gives:

	;(-? 20

I'm in the middle of looking into the source code now; I'm about 1/3 of the way done with breaking the compressed text into the common 4-column Assembly Language format. But so far, on first scan, it appears that +LOOP is indeed not in the source.

Why the newly compiled +LOOP doesn't work is not yet apparent.

--
M. David Johnson
mdj at bds-soft.com