[Coco] Bit-Banger Serial as external console?

Brendan Donahe brendan at polylith.com
Mon Mar 25 15:34:05 EDT 2019

Stephen,

I recently had this same problem.  I couldn't find good BASIC ROM calls to
do what I needed (potentially bi-directional w/o concerning myself with the
CD pin), so I derived some of it from Bill Yakowenko's site (look for COMM4
on http://www.cs.unc.edu/~yakowenk/coco.html) and rolled some of my own.  I
have some assembly language routines that work at 9600 baud.  I'll contact
you off-list with some of this info, and you can see if it will help you
achieve what you're trying for.

Brendan