[Coco] Climax C Compiler setup

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 23 07:03:53 EDT 2019

On 3/22/19 11:28 PM, Stephen Fischer wrote:
> OS-9 does not heed EOF.
>
> That's a MSDOS \ Windows thing which bit me several times, it took some
> time to realize why documents were truncated when I first used MSDOS 3.3.
>
> End of Text (ETX) is $03, I do not see EOF in the ASCII charts found by
> Google.

EOF is not always a character.  EOF is end of file and how it is
determined is system dependent.  Even DOS/Windows is inconsistent
in this regard as it used both ^Z or an length mentry in the
directory to determine EOF. Characters like ETX were intended for
data transmission and communication device control.  Some have
been used for other things, but don't expect that use to common.
EOL is done many ways.

bill