[Coco] EEPROM Programmer questions...

Joe Schutts j_schutts at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 16 15:37:19 EDT 2019

Hi Everyone,
I been thinking recently about buying an EEPROM Programmer and have received several suggestions about which one to purchase that SUPPOSEDLY will work with a CoCo 2 and/or CoCo 3.
Some people suggested that I buy the following EEPROM Burner:
TL866A USB Minipro Programmer 10x Adapter EEPROM FLASH 8051 AVR MCU GAL PIC SPI
- which is sold on E-BAY for roughly $64.00 USD.

With this, I hope to be able to burn EEPROMS of customized ADOS as well as other Operating Systems. At least, that's my hope...
What I need to know, is the following???
1. Is this unit a "GOOD Unit" to buy for use with the CoCo???

2. Is this unit something I will be able to hook up to either a CoCo 2 or 3, and burn EEPROM's with???
3. Or is this something that I will need to hook up to either a PC or a Laptop, and then burn what I want???
4. If question 3 is the case. HOW would I go about SAVING and/or transferring the info (AND what format would it need to be in) to the PC and/or Laptop???
5. I used to have an EEPROM Burner that was part of a DISTO Controller (I wish I still had both - the Controller AND the Burner as well) that required a 9 Volt Battery in order to burn the EEPROM. Would I need something like this in order for it to work???
I hope someone can answer these questions before I spend my money on this or some other unit...
Thanks everyone...
Joe...