[Coco] was having Trouble building NitrOS9 under Linux

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Wed Jun 19 19:34:56 EDT 2019

Weird day, I attempted to build NitrOS9 under Linux. I followed the directions
for building NitrOS9 and found edit.asm had errors (pulu pc,u)). Sorry Titan1a
I sent that email direct to you and not the list. Anyway, it bothered me all
day and I decided that pulu pc,u (and mnln.asm had pshu u,b,a) was wrong. I also
did a check with hg logs edit.asm:

changeset:   3080:db58cdca8a7f
user:        William Astle <lost at l-w.ca>
date:        Tue Jul 14 23:36:18 2015 -0600
summary:     Fix idiocy related to pshu/pulu with "u" as an operand

:-)

So I reverted it to William's changes.

Not sure why this was re-reverted. My asm manuals all say that u is not
a valid register for pulu/phsu.

Anyway my builds are good now. I'll need to find how to get the changes
back in the repos.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com