[Coco] 512K factory sealed CoCo3

David Gettle david17361 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 15:12:18 EDT 2019

I have in my posession a 512k CoCo3, that is factory sealed with the
"Breaking this seal will void factory warranty" tape over one screw holding
the case together. It came to me in a regular white w/blue print CoCo3 box
labeled as a 128k machine. However the Tandy 512k board is clearly visible
through the vents in the top of the case. The machine does boot and a
memory check does reveal that it does have 512K installed. I do not know if
the unit was upgraded by Radioshack at a service center or if it was done
before the unit shipped to a store. other than the obviousness of the 512k
board being in the machine there is no other evidence that the unit was
ever taken apart.The CPU is not in a chip socket. At this time I am
planning to keep it as a backup machine in the event that the 2mb CoCo3 I
am now using should develop problems. I think based on the serial number
that it is a fairly early CoCo3, I'll post the serial number later.