[Coco] e: AGD converted games - Pack #30

Pere Serrat psergm at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 03:13:03 EDT 2019

Hello,
these games have been created in a ZX-Spectrum and so they are using 8
colors
but restricted to two colours inside a block of 8x8 pixels (definition
256x192).
I converted the AGD engine to work with the 6809 machines that have a MC6847
video chip.
This means that to go 256x192 we had only one mode, PMODE4 and that limits
colors to black and white.
My 'test' game along the conversion was Foggy's Quest and that one was
converted
to be played in both PMODE3 (4 colours) and PMODE4 but this was an exception
just because a spanish Retrowiki user volunteered to convert fonts,
tiles, objects
and sprites to PMODE3 and despite the definition loss (128x192) the
result was good
enough.
When you play these games on a NTSC machine you will see the normal
artifacted
colors. As the game has not been designed to work that way, the text is
hardly
readable, so I added a choice when the game waits for you to select
control mode
(Keys or joy) and pressing key '4' will change between palette
black/white and
black/green each time you press that key.
cheers
pere