[Coco] Interviewing the 6809 Engineer

Carlos Camacho idevgames at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 23:03:12 EDT 2019

I contacted the Motorola engineer of the 6809 (see the wonderful article in
Byte magazine MANY years back). He also worked on the 6847. So two of the
more important chips in our beloved CoCo! (Oh, he also worked on the 6845).
I started to ask some questions and thus far, his replies are so
interesting! You know the story is going to be great when it starts off
with "The 6809 project was a typical bureaucratic nightmare."

I asked for submission of questions over on the 6809 Facebook group. If
you're not on Facebook, email them to me directly. Originally I was trying
to setup an interview for the CoCoCrew but he prefers to answer by emails.

Cheers,
Carlos Camacho
Color Computer Store