[Coco] False alarm was Re: Becker boot disks and 6309 lg labeling

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Jun 12 04:51:36 EDT 2019

Becker booting now works perfectly with 6309 labels. The problem was an oversight on my part.

There are two ways to boot a Becker disk from an emulator. 1) Use the Becker HDBDOS ROM. 2) Use the
emulator RGBDOS ROM and have the boot track on a .vhd Basic "disk".
I was using the second and that caused the problem as track34 did not have the correct kernel for
the new NitrOS-9. It would however, still boot a Becker disk where no 6309 labels were in use.

So, I copied T34 from the new Becker disk to my VCC .vhd and could boot the Becker disk with 6309
labels. I could also switch VCC to the Becker HDBDOS and boot the Becker disk with 6309 labels.

Robert