[Coco] NitrOS9 and 6309 code

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon Jun 10 07:28:02 EDT 2019

> On Jun 9, 2019, at 10:51 PM, Stephen Fischer <SFischer1 at Mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> There are many other changes beyond the shell that broke my work. Many are changes for the good.

It would be helpful to know what was broken. Since I still have 2.1 through 2.2a on my system, and all old versions are still as available today as they were back then (when you had to download them and add them to stock OS-9), I don’t see what changed beyond what comes in “new stock.”

At what point did you notice the size of Shell shrinking? From what I can see (-1995, 2015-) the shell has continually increased in size.

> Still I still would like to look at the original source code to see if there was a simple way to pass parameters to scripts converted using the datamod program. That was the biggest shortcoming which has stuck in my mind.

Having sources would be useful. Who wrote the original?

Does Shell+ have the ability to read configs from a startup file (like .profile or .login and such)?

> I would like someone besides Allen to check the size of the NitrOS-9 shell in the latest version and to compare with the shellplus 2.2a that was also distributed. If I was doing anything useful I would change away from the 50% sized shell for sure.

What size is the one you have?

		— A