[Coco] Guardian+ LED

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 20:53:17 EDT 2019

On 6/8/19 5:01 PM, Ed Orbea wrote:
> I've lost or misplaced my information on how to control the multicolor LED
> on the BoysonTech Guardian+ board.
>
> Can anybody provide me with the correct POKEs ?
>
> +----------------+
> *Ed Orbea*
> Retired in Nampa, ID

BoysonTech

Peeks

?peek(&hfdfd): rem reset lock
?peek(&hfd55): rem $55
?peek(&hfdaa): rem $aa
?peek(&hfdff): rem $ff
?peek(&hfd00): rem $00 : combination unlocked
?peek(&hfdff): rem $ff command = set flags
?peek(&hfd01): rem turn off 2MB

turbo mode and 512K modeā€¦

10 A=PEEK(&HFDFD)
20 A=PEEK(&HFD55)
30 A=PEEK(&HFDAA)
40 A=PEEK(&HFDFF)
50 A=PEEK(&HFD00)
60 A=PEEK(&HFDFF)
70 A=PEEK(&HFD81)

512K mode:

10 A=PEEK(&HFDFD)
20 A=PEEK(&HFD55)
30 A=PEEK(&HFDAA)
40 A=PEEK(&HFDFF)
50 A=PEEK(&HFD00)
60 A=PEEK(&HFDFF)
70 A=PEEK(&HFD01)

Turbo mode and 2Mb

10 A=PEEK(&HFDFD)
20 A=PEEK(&HFD55)
30 A=PEEK(&HFDAA)
40 A=PEEK(&HFDFF)
50 A=PEEK(&HFD00)
60 A=PEEK(&HFDFF)
70 A=PEEK(&HFD80)

Boomerang TANDY Color Computer 3 RAM Expansion v1.0
This set of PCBs will augment the TANDY Color Computer 3 memory with 2MB
RAM support. The RAM is inserted into the 512kB RAM expansion slot
location, with 2 additional address lines connected to a dynamic address
translation (DAT) board that sits under the CPU. The DAT board adds 2
additional bits to all 16 MMU mapping registers.

The DAT board also contains an RGB LED that can be programmed via BASIC
or ML.

In normal mode, the LED is controlled by $ffef as follows:

IO Location    Bit Location    Description
$ffef    7:6    (00 = all, 01 = RED, 10 = GRN, 11 = BLU)
4:0    Intensity
The LED can alo operate in "speed" mode, where the red LED will signify
the CoCo running in "slow" mode and the green LED denotes "fast" mode.
To turn on this mode, one must access a sequence of RAM locations:

?peek($fdfd): rem reset lock
?peek($fd55): rem $55
?peek($fdaa): rem $aa
?peek($fdff): rem $ff
https://github.com/go4retro/BoomerangLED
GitHub
go4retro/BoomerangLED
Quick interrupt driven util to drive the Color Computer 3 Boomerang 2MB
memory expansion DAT board LED - go4retro/BoomerangLED

It has the it in .dsk format.